Uh hem.... I just purchased my graduation packet, which means...I GRADUATE soon!! Hallelujah! I honestly don't know how much longer I can take of this school stuff :) I am ready to be done for sure. I am done with classes the last week in April, and I graduate on May 3. However, I won't be done yet. Because I am doing 45 credits in one year, I have a few weeks of summer school. Summer school starts the following Monday after graduation. 8 credits left. I am trying to work out my schedule so that I will be officially done by June 20th. Because of summer school, graduation won't feel too much like a Hallelujah moment but I guess it will still be nice. I should be counting my blessings that I am able to complete my masters in a year. I am grateful, just ready to be done.
Another great bit of news... Scott and I purchased a new car last week!!! It is a 2009 Subaru Legacy. It's a steal of a deal and I am loving it thus far! We sold "Gus," Scott's car to his little brother Connor so he can have something to drive when he gets off the mission--in 5 MONTHS! Originally, we had planned on buying a brand brand new 2012 Subaru Impreza. We had it ordered and it was being shipped over to us from it's homeland--Japan. However, as time went on, neither of us felt that we were in a position at the moment to buy a brand new car. Instead, we started perusing KSL, and took a few drives to dealerships to see if anything caught our eyes. Scott ended up finding this car on KSL one night, and went to look at it the next day. We got a better deal than we were even expecting--and we are so blessed! It is a great car--new tires, new windshield, newly painted rims, low mileage, and it even still smells new! Whoever had this car previously treated it great! We have decided that our car is a boy, but we are still working on a name :)
One last thing to announce: After what seems like a bajillion hours of contemplating, talking it out, and planning, we have decided that it is in the cards for us to move back to Logan!! Originally when we moved here, we were planning on staying until Scott finished school, especially because my practicum placement offered me a job as a therapist. However, Scott has chosen a profession for himself and we both feel that it is best if we migrate north so he can go to a great school called Mountain Ridge Helicopters. Yep--that's right folks. Scott is going to be a helicopter pilot!!!! He has done a lot of research, talked with a student at MRH, and has talked with the school a number of times and it sounds like an amazing opportunity for him. We have been so impressed with the school thus far--they are more than we could ask for. And I am so happy that Scott feels relieved now that he has decided what he wants to do with his life, I definitely feel relieved also. Even though I am sad I have to leave a job where I am already trained, we are beyond happy and excited about our future. So Logan folk--plan on seeing us city kids sometime in July :) and...if you hear of any apartments/job openings for either of us--let me know ;) hah

Joe is kind of doing the same thing with graduation. He graduates but then goes all summer. Kind of a mood killer. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty much in love with your new car.
Hip-Hip-hooray! I am so happy for the two of you! I am super jealous that you are moving back to Logan and sad that we can't move back with you but I am happy that you'll be back home. The new car looks great - can't wait to go for a spin in AUGUST! :)
ReplyDeleteBrett and I know the feeling of relief that comes from figuring out what you are going to do with your life. Glad it only took Scott a few months compared to a few years! :)
Oh my goodness!! When I read just now that you are coming back to Logan I about peed my pants!!! I am so excited about this! Can we please be married friends and hang out?? I miss you dear! Can't wait to see you this summer!! xoxo
ReplyDelete