Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Welcome to Texas!

Kaiser did extremely well on our plane rides. We flew from SLC to Phoenix and from Phoenix to Houston. People in each airport were generous enough to help me carry everything. Whew! 
Kaiser waving "bye bye" as we were taking off
He loved his new pet monkey
His little tootsies kill me
First view of the city!
We met up with Scott and Neil in Houston (See previous post pictures) and said our goodbyes and we were off. It was around 4:15 or so Houston time when we stepped foot into the outside. It was super hot and super humid. I remember laughing as I thought how big of a change we were stepping into. Not just with the weather, obviously. It seriously felt like an oven. A sticky oven. I thought i'd be sad, but I was happy! Happy to see Scott again and ready to begin our Texas adventure!

We put Kaiser in the car seat and headed towards our new home. It's a 1.5 hour drive Northwest of Houston. However, we were hitting rush hour which was interesting! We definitely weren't in Utah anymore :) The Houston (Hobby) airport is smack dab in the middle of the huge city so we had a ways to go to get out of it. Even though it was busy, I felt excited taking in the new sights of the huge city. (4th Largest in the US.)
The sun was close to setting when we got into College Station.  I remember feeling more at home seeing all the greenery around me. There are tons and tons of trees on the drive and in College Station. It felt great!
When we got home, all of us were pretty tired. We decided to put a a few things together so Kaiser could sleep in our crib and we could sleep in our bed. While doing that we ordered Jimmy Johns--thanks to Bethany and Kacee's gift to us!
Kaiser's room
Our room
This is what the rest of our house looked like--moving is so overwhelming. Over the next few days we took our time unpacking, and looking around campus and the city. We both were excited for the changes that awaited us!!
Kitchen

Bathroom
Living/dining room
The new addition onto Kyle Field
Kyle Field
Water tower on campus. "Welcome to Aggieland"

No comments:

Post a Comment