Scott and I wanted to do something fun before we went to Utah for a little while and we had heard some great things about the Houston Zoo so we thought that we would check it out!
We went on June 9th and got there around 3:00 pm (always trying to work around Kaiser's nap so he'll be happy and enjoy the zoo) and boy was it hot! I think it was 96 degrees and humid, cuz duh--it's Houston. But we were prepared for the heat so it's all good.
I have nothing but good things to say about the zoo! It was so very well put together and each exhibit was so great! It was hot but there were so many trees that we felt like we were in the shade the entire time. And they built it so there were a bunch of indoor exhibits mixed in with all the outdoor exhibits.
 |
| Kaiser loved the elephants! |
 |
| Waving at the tiger and trying to say hello |
 |
| Loved the lions! More lionesses but there were a couple big males out. |
 |
| We felt so bad for the bears--they must have been dying in the heat! |
 |
| Cute baby zebra! |
 |
| Our best attempt at a family selfie at the zoo |
 |
| We are pooped. And it's hot! |
 |
| Cooling off in the splash pad at the end of sight-seeing |
We really had a great time! I could have stayed a lot longer watching the animals at the zoo but Scott gets bored quicker than I. But it's probably a good thing because Kaiser was definitely ready to play in the splash pad! I loved the layout of the zoo! I felt like we saw everything we wanted to see without having to stare at the map the whole time. It's all very well connected! Well done Houston Zoo... We will be visiting you again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment