Last weekend was SO much fun! We were able to spend all of it with Scott's dad and Andrea. We decided a while back that it would be fun to go see some football games together, so we bought tickets to the BYU vs USU game as well as the Utah vs Washington game. Too bad the games did not turn out in our favor. Nevertheless, it was such a fun weekend!
After a conference in Park City, Neil and Andrea came and picked us up at our apartment, and off we went to Provo for game one of our two-game weekend. We got to the game early so we hung out in the stadium for a while, and we happened to see Scott's Uncle and Aunt and their family who happened to be down from Rexburg so we were able to chat with them for a while. It was nice to kill time that way, I love getting to know his family. Then... the game started. As i'm sure all of you know, Scott and I would never cheer for BYU. So there we were, two Aggie fans surrounded by Cougar fans...yes, even Neil and Andrea :) The game was great until the last 2 minutes. It ended horribly, but it was still so great to be there. After the game, we stopped and grabbed some dinner with my best friend Brittany...it is always so great to see her.
| Sportin' our Aggie pride :) |
The next morning was conference. I always love conference, the messages are so wonderful. This time, I was listening with a different ear now that I am married. It was really neat to see how so many of the messages related to my life right now. Fancy how that always happens, eh? We were lucky to have family there to watch it with us. We made breakfast and had a lazy day watching conference until the Utah game.
| The four of us at the Utah game--glad we could be cheering for the same team this time! |
That game was even MORE horrible than the previous. I was much more passionate about the USU BYU game than the U game, but there wasn't really much of a U game to watch--we got creamed the whole time. All in all, I was more sad about my Aggies losing. Even though both teams lost, we still had so much fun spending time with Scott's dad and Andrea. It was kinda hard to say goodbye to them, so after the game we decided that dinner was a must :) Thanks so much for making our weekend so great! We had the best time!
| Scott bought us "Ute" shirts... kinda weird. (I think I look better in blue) |
Sunday, we were able to watch conference again. In between sessions, I wanted to get out of the house while the weather was nice. So Scott and I went on a little walk up the mouth of Emigration Canyon. The scenery definitely wasn't that pretty but we still had a good time. We made it back just in time to take a half hour snooze before the last session of conference started again. I just love Scott, and I love spending time with him. All day Sunday we were lazy and goofed off all day, and I loved every minute of it. Being married is awesome and I really love it!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are too cute ...sorry couldn't spell the first time ;)
ReplyDeleteHeid! Look at you all dressed in red. I like it!!
ReplyDeleteLove the post! Missing Aggie Football - glad they could pull out a "w" finally. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete