Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'm a lucky gal

It is Sunday afternoon and I am alone in my apartment just pondering and thinking about well...kinda everything.  But today I have this overwhelming sense of gratitude.  Today, I am very thankful for where I am at in my life right now. 

First of all, school is over for the semester--I graduate on Thursday!  I never thought this day would come.  I remember being so nervous to start graduate school and to be honest, I kinda wanted to back out and not even go in the first place.  I have this problem of always doubting my abilities.  But I survived and I did it with flying colors :)  

But that's not the main point of this post.  The point of this post is how lucky I am to have such great family, friends, and the sweetest, greatest, and most wonderful husband.  I don't know where I would be in life if it wasn't for them.

I am so lucky to have great people in my life.  I love that even though we live in SLC, my family is still so supportive and makes such a huge effort to be around us when we come up.  I have learned so many new things from them and it helps me be a better wife and friend.  I love that my friends are so willing to drive down and spend a day with me when girl time is much needed :) I am thankful for phone calls or texts from friends and family far away when we can't get together.  I seriously have the best family and friends in the world and I love all of you so much!

I am so grateful for a husband who pushes me to become better.  Without him, I don't know where i would be today.  He has been so supportive of me and what I want to achieve, so much that he was willing to leave his home in Logan and move to SLC to start new jobs, new school, and a new life together!  I am so thankful for the hard worker that he is.  I feel so guilty when he wakes up early to go to work and works all day, especially on the weekends--He is an amazing provider for our family.  I can't count the number of times he lifts me up when I'm feeling down, or makes me laugh when I am sad or comforts me when I am stressed out.  He is the person I lean on for everything and I know that can't always be easy for him but he never shows it.  He just smiles and loves me more.  

So, YAY for amazing people in my life.  I love you all :)

I know i'm a sap, just love me.


4 comments:

  1. I love this and I needed it. I've been a "debbie-downer" today and been feeling sorry for myself. Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings and be more thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I just got to say you are great too! PS totally agree on the whole wanting to back out part of grad school, but look at us now! Congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Heidi! love you and congrats again on graduating!!

    ReplyDelete