It has been a while since i've blogged, so I figured that I probably should...
I "graduated" on Thursday, May 3. I say it like that because I walked with my class, but I still have 8 credits left to take and will officially be done June 20th. So I will have to have my own little graduation party then.
 |
| My graduation announcement |
On the day of my graduation, my entire family came down to spend the day with us. Toni was even able to spend the weekend in Utah so it was so nice to have the ENTIRE family together again. That morning, we spent the day at Hogle Zoo! It was a long-time family tradition that we used to have so it was nice to be able to go together again. It was so fun to be there with little Boston--He loved loved loved the animals. The favorite I think were the monkeys. He loved being there. Whenever we would want to move along to the next place, we would say, "Boston, are you ready to move on?" He would always say, "nope!" It was cute. After the zoo, we went to this place called Ruth's Diner up Emigration Canyon. It is this really yummy, quaint diner that has become one of mine and Scott's favorite. It was so good!
 |
| Me and Scott by the baby elephant and her momma! |
 |
| The CUTEST little boy in the whole world! |
 |
| The whole gang at the zoo :) |
When we got home, I was greeted by the most beautiful flowers from the best husband in the world. I am such a lucky gal :)
 |
| Best husband ever |
 |
| Beautiful! |
My ceremony started at 7:30 at Kingsbury Hall. I left my family to meet up with my MSW classmates to take the walk over to Kingsbury Hall and to take pictures of course. The ceremony was...interesting. I don't know how I quite feel about it. I can't decide if it felt "off" because I knew I couldn't fully enjoy it because I technically am not finished with school yet, or if it's because it was a weird ceremony. Either way, I was glad when it got over, haha. I met up with my sweet family, and Scott's mom and sister who were so sweet to come down too. We took some pictures and that was that!
 |
| Me. Camille. Natalie. |
 |
| Camille. Me. Ellie. |
 |
| Aww :) |
The weekend of my graduation we headed up to Logan for a graduation party my mom hosted for me and Toni (who graduates soon)! It was great to have my family and friends there. My mom gave me a sewing machine for my graduation gift, which is awesome! I'm excited to finally be able to learn to use it. Overall, it was a really fun weekend. It really made me feel lucky and blessed to have the family and husband that I do.
 |
| The CUTEST graduation cake that Chelsea made me! |
 |
| These cakes weren't only beautiful, but they were so tasty! |
So what's next? Good question.... I have classes 3x a week until June 20th. From there, all that I'm sure of is that I need to study for the licensing exam and hopefully have it taken by the first of August. We will hopefully figure it out along the way. I am just trying to stay positive. I have been having a hard time with the fact that all I am doing with my life is going to school. I have always had a job and somewhat of a plan and now that I don't right now, I am trying to readjust. It's an adventure and I'm really trying to enjoy the unknown. I'm looking forward to the plans we have in the next month or so. First off, mine and Scott's ONE YEAR anniversary is coming up on July 2nd!!! Next, my best friend Britty is getting married July 7th so we'll be heading south for that, and third, we are going on a fun vacation with Scott's Dad's family up to Coeur d'alene Idaho! I've never been so I'm excited--they say it's gorgeous up there. I'm definitely looking forward to those things...
Congratulations Heidi!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I forgot about Boston and "Nope!" lol, that was a fun day!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! You go girl, Thats really so awsome! glad your doing so well.
ReplyDelete