Wednesday, May 15, 2013

34 WEEKS

Well, I am now 34 weeks (and two days)!!!  How weird is that?!  Time is seriously flying by...especially because in a few short weeks, I will be considered full term.  Wow.  Where has the time gone?

The last time I posted I was 30 weeks.  A few new things have happened with us and our little one since then.

We were able to have another ultrasound at 31 weeks and 2 days.  (On April 24th).  It was so great, and so reassuring to be able to see his cute little body.  Everything looked great.  He is measuring correctly and right on with his due date.  We were able to get a better picture of what his face looks like.  Although, he was being quite shy and he was smashing the right side of his face into my placenta, and covering up the left side of his face with his hand, so we couldn't see it as well as we were hoping to.  But we got to see a little preview.  The ultrasound tech was able to see a little bit of hair on the back of his head also.  That was fun to see!  From what she explained, I picture him to have a little bit of a grandpa hairstyle with a bald spot on the top of his head, and a u-shaped hairline in the back.  Make sense?  Haha, we can't wait to see what he looks like!

Also sometime during my 31st week, I felt him hiccup for the first time.  I'm sure he had been doing it previously to that, but I didn't know what it was supposed to be like.  A nurse at my work explained to me what it felt like, and sure enough a couple days later I felt the hiccups!  He gets them just about every day, if not twice a day.  Haha they are so funny!  Sometimes, Scott gets worried that he gets them because he swallows him wrong.  He is such a worry wart :)


Sometime in between weeks 32 and 33 is where I started to feel uncomfortable.  Up until that point, I had been thinking that this pregnancy has gone by so fast, and that it needed to slow down.  Well, I still believe that to an extent.  However, physically I feel different.  My body is getting bigger by the second, I swear!  Physically, I could be content having this little boy ASAP.  Mentally, i'm still so unprepared.

Least favorite picture.
At 33 weeks, I had my baby shower, which I just posted about...

This week is week 34 and the week that I threw up for the first time during my entire pregnancy.  And the second, and the third, and the fourth, and so on...  I ended up catching a bad case of the flu.  Yuck.  That was definitely not fun.  Throwing up so hard, multiple times with a 34-week belly is DEFINITELY not fun.    I was nervous that by throwing up so hard, my cramps would turn into contractions and I was going to go into preterm labor.  Luckily that didn't happen.

Geesh.. Can I grow any more??
I can tell he is getting bigger and wanting more space to move.  He is moving up into my ribs and more on my sides.  I still find it very reassuring every time he wiggles around because at least I know that he is doing okay.  Sometimes we like to lay down, and watch how active he is.  He make my whole belly move.  Either from side to side, or up and down.  We still can't tell for sure if the bumps are his bum, head, or limbs.  But I can usually make a guess between head/bum and limbs. 

With the baby coming soon, we are getting slightly more stressed at how we will be as parents, and providers.  It is scary to think about how much responsibility is going to come into our lives.  I still don't know how it will all work out, but I know that somehow it will.

5 comments:

  1. You guys will be great!! I love the pictures and am excited to meet the little guy! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u poor thing, getting so sick at 34 weeks! throwing up that prego has got to be the WORST thing ever! you look great, i know all too well how you begin to feel towards the end and HATE those belly pictures, but you look awesome! i'm so excited for you, you will be awesome parents! can't wait to see him in a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a blog! Now I will be blog stocking you haha! I know just how you feel. I am just a mere 2 weeks ahead of you, and everything you said is exactly how I felt during those weeks. Be prepared to start losing sleep if you haven't already. I also share your same excitements and fears. My body is pysically ready to have this little guy, but emotionaly I am so not prepared! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics of the little man when he arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love the baby hiccups?? That was one of my favorite things.

    I'm so excited for you two (three)! You'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to be such a great mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete