Monday, September 23, 2013

To my sweet Kaiser...

We just had our last night together before I go back to work tomorrow night.  We went for a walk--you love those.  We played to your heart's content.  You gave me a billion beautiful smiles.  We snuggled while I read you a story, then I fed you and laid your perfect, precious, tired body down to sleep.  We had another perfect night together that I will always treasure :)  

Tomorrow is my first night back at work since you were born.  It is gonna be a rough one for Mommy, I won't lie.  I have been dreading this day since even before you were born, but it hit me most 3 days ago and I have been teary ever since.  These past 12 weeks we have had an amazing time together playing, learning, and growing, haven't we?  You are getting so big so fast.  I have loved being there for you every second of every day, after all--being your mommy is something I have dreamt about my entire life.  Thank you for letting me be your mom!  We have a special bond me and you, don't we?  I like to think so :)  I like to think that I am the only one who knows exactly what you need, and can give you exactly what you need.  I like to think that you always look for mommy when you are sad and need loves, or tired and need cuddles.

I know it's silly, but I am scared that you will forget how much I love you and that I can always know and give you what you need.  Please just never forget okay?  I know that when I am at work, I will have a MUCH harder time away from you than you will away from me as you will be sleeping for half of it. You probably won't even notice I'm gone...  But know that Mommy is thinking about you and loving you forever and always.

I can't believe how fast 12 weeks went by.  If I could rewind back to the day you joined our family, I would in a heartbeat and start all over again.  I will treasure the times we got to spend together for ever.  You are my precious boy and I love you!  Taylor Swift says how i'm feeling perfectly:

Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up

I love you sweet baby boy, have fun playing while Mommy is at work.

Love, Mom





1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet Heidi, you are such a good mom. What a sacrifice. I hope with time, being at work will become a little easier on your heart strings! And that song? Made me cry. Oh these little babies :)

    ReplyDelete