Well, as of last Friday--I am 39 weeks pregnant! (Today, I am 39.5!)
What do ya know, I am STILL pregnant. I didn't expect anything less haha!
First, let's catch up by seeing all of the super awesome and gorgeous (haha) pregnancy photos and bring this pregnancy up to speed:
| Had to put the cute little stinker in here too :) |
I didn't take a photo for 36 weeks, but when I went in for my 36 week appointment, my Dr did the GBS test and checked me for the first time. It turns out that I am GBS positive with this pregnancy, which is different than Kaiser. I was negative with him. When he checked me he told me that as of 36 weeks, there is nothing my body is doing so far to prepare for labor...which I assumed. So I continued on my merry way just working out, running, and doing my normal day-to-day things.
At my 37 week appointment, I got checked and I had become a 1 and was already 75% effaced. I was shocked that I had progressed that far in such a short amount of time. I seriously started to get nervous and anxious about the fact that baby is coming and we were SO not prepared for him yet!
So that very day, we went shopping and bought the necessities, and we washed and folded all of his clothes. We got everything together so that if we did end up going into labor and had to bring this baby home, he wouldn't come home to nothing. It felt good to alleviate that stress!
I also stopped running at this point. I believe I was 37.3 when I stopped. I just didn't want to continue doing something to help the process along especially since my mom wasn't coming until the day before my due date.
I'm still doing workouts at home, just not running 2.5 miles a day anymore. Which is fine, i've accepted that. Even though it would have been super cool to be able to say I ran up until my due date.
Not too much changed in between weeks 37 and 38. Just more planning and baby name hunting. We are seriously having the HARDEST time coming up with a name for baby number 2. Poor kiddo :( I hope he will have one sooner rather than later. It is a constant stress that we aren't going to find one! I hope we can end up agreeing with one soon.
Scott has also been preparing by working super hard to write his professional paper. He has gotten quite a bit done on it so that when little boy number 2 gets here, he can be more involved and not feel as guilty.
And there you go! I'm officially quite large. And this time around, I am trying to be more okay with it.
As of right now, it is hit or miss on if i'm feeling good or not. It definitely depends on the day, and the time of day as well. I almost always feel good in the mornings. The evenings are where I start to get super sore and achey--mostly in my hips, my pelvis, my back, etc. Sleep for me as of right now hasn't been the best. I'm up to pee quite a bit more than I was with Kaiser, and my hips get a lot more sore as well. It's more of an achey sore where it's hard to find a comfortable position...
I have been able to experience contractions, which is new. Well, either it's new or I just realize what they are with this go around. But it's been cool that my body knows a little bit more of what it's doing as far as having a baby is concerned.
When the doctor checked me at my 39 week appointment (I was 39.3), I was a 1+ and 85-90% effaced. So my body definitely knows more of what it's doing as far as effacement is concerned. That day, I felt super crampy and I wondered if I was going into labor. But nothing ended up happening, which is just fine by me. I am content waiting until my mom gets here :)
We also took a tour of the hospital before my 39 week appointment and it looks really nice. I was really impressed with their facilities and the way they run things. I hope we have a positive experience. Kaiser enjoyed it too--some cute old ladies brought a cart of goodies around and Kaiser got to pick a treat and a matchbox car off of the cart. He got to see where he will meet baby brother as well. I hope he's really as excited as he says he is haha!
This week, I have just really been trying hard not to stress out, but at the same time trying to get things done that I have on my to-do list. All while trying to spend quality time with Kaiser, because it's not going to be much longer before our family of 3 becomes a family of 4. Here are some pictures of some of our activities together:
![]() |
| Drawing with chalk outside |
![]() |
| Picnics :) |
![]() |
| Have I ever mentioned how much Kaiser LOVES reading?? :) |
![]() |
| Dressed up for craft day at the library! |
![]() |
| After we did crafts at the library, we had a parade, and Kaiser wanted to wave his flags during the parade :) |
![]() |
| Dance parties! |
We continue to have dance parties here at home when I'm feeling up for it. I know that things are going to be changing for the better, and I am excited to have another little boy join our family, but I can't help but feel a little sentimental that my little Kaiser boy isn't going to be my baby anymore. He's going to be such a big boy compared to our little one.
I also worry that it will be hard to show each kiddo that I love them. I know it sounds silly. But it is a legit fear. Do we as moms/parents ever stop worrying about things like that?! I just hope and pray that Kaiser does well with the transition. And I hope my mommy guilt can just GO AWAY!
My mom comes in tomorrow, and my due date is in 2 days. MARCH 11TH!! It's coming quickly! We decided at my last doctor's appointment that if I haven't had him, we will induce on Monday, March 14th! So ready or not little boy--you're coming out!








No comments:
Post a Comment