Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Winter Shenanigans in College Station

I Just wanted to share a few other random snippets of our life that I documented through photos that might not necessarily fit into a specific blog. 

Scott started his last semester of school on January 18th. This semester has been going okay so far. I know that Scott has been stressed but it isn't because he is taking a billion classes. He is taking two classes: one required and one elective. Luckily, they haven't been super demanding on him. He is putting the majority of his time into job hunting and writing his professional paper. He has been putting so much work each day into doing those two things and I've been really proud of his hard work. Most of the time he is at school Monday through Friday until at least 5 or later. Lately, he has been at school until 8 or so. Sometimes even later. He is working so hard.

We celebrated our birthdays this year by keeping it really low key--no gifts or anything. Scott made me a cute birthday cake for mine and I bought Scott a cheesecake for his haha :) With school being so busy and with our extremely tight budget, we just didn't want to add anything that would stress us out so we kept it super low key. Here's the birthday cake Scott made me:
I suck and didn't take any pictures of us on our birthdays, but meh. I hopefully will get better someday.

We also got gift cards from my parents for our birthdays to go to dinner. Which was perfect. We were able to go out to Olive Garden, and Texas Roadhouse. We had such a fun time getting out of the house, and not having to cook or eat leftovers :)

While Scott is away at school, Kaiser and I find things to do to entertain us to pass the time. And so I can keep my sanity. We go on a ton of walks. But since Kaiser doesn't love the stroller, I walk and he rides his trike or we go out in his wagon :)
Wagon ride where Kaiser decided he wanted to pull it...
Also, thank goodness for my FRIENDS out here! I am so blessed and so lucky to be able to have the best support group of others in mine and Scott's situations. While our husbands are at work, we play pretty much. We have a ton of park dates, and it's the best. 
Kaiser and his friends at the last play date before our friend Abbie moved to Dallas
Playgroup at the park
His stash of leaves we picked up on a walk
Spending time coloring with mom. We started to try out tracing shapes!
Of all the park equipment, Kaiser and Peyton found the drinking fountain to play in haha
And sometimes, Kaiser will just sit with me and snuggle. Most of the time, it's after nap time. But I take his snuggles when I can get them!
We also have began a new game--Kaiser plays in the sink while I cook dinner. That way, I don't have to yell at him or get mad when he won't stop bugging me. He is a sweetie, and I love that he wants to be with me, but sometimes I do wish that he would learn to entertain himself more. So this is a good way that we have figured out for the both of us until that day comes...
This is typically what will happen while I'm cooking. He will want me to play with him and when I can't, he plays under me ;)
Love this little smile!
Most of the time, he has to be naked because while he tries to keep it in the sink, that NEVER happens haha!
Cute little bum...
Another thing that he has enjoyed a lot lately is tubbing. He has loved to tub lately and it's been fun for me too cuz it's a different kind of play. He chooses a couple of toys to play with while he is in the tub. These specific toys he picked I thought he looked so cute! He brought his tools in the tub with him. Isn't he such a cutie?!
Other things that we do regularly is that I work out each morning. I either go running or I do a workout online. Kaiser likes me to stay home and do my workout with him and some of the time he will go crab "cannons" out of the cupboard and work out with me. It's seriously the best thing! I really want to be a good example to my family of working out to be healthy. Hopefully he is getting something positive from it.
He's lifting weights with mom :) Love my workout buddie!
Another great thing about College Station is the community involvement. The awesome fire stations let us schedule tours with them whenever! So we got a group of friends together and went to the fire station. It was such a great time! Kaiser will always take any opportunity that he can to play on the firetrucks!
One particularly windy Saturday afternoon, we decided to go to the dollar store and buy a couple of kites to fly. We bought a ninja turtles kite and an Avengers kite to go flying with. Kaiser seriously had the best time. I love when we do things all together as a family because sadly, it just doesn't happen very often. This was one particular day that was so simple, but so wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better day...
Kaiser running with his kite. He's a great kite flier!
Daddy was smart and tied it to his pants so it wouldn't fly away
And...finally! One last, very important day in our lives was the day that we got to go order Scott's Aggie ring!

People don't quite understand when we try to exmplain the importance of the "Aggie Ring" at Texas A&M. This school is so deep and rich in tradition and this is one of the biggest, important traditions in the school! 

February 1st was the day we were able to go order his ring. We went into this room while we waited for a consultant to come and call our names...
The consultant took us back and Scott tried rings on to figure out the size and style he wanted to have. And then of course, we paid for it. Which is the sucky part. But it is seriously a must have for any Texas A&M student who has pride in his school. It is a solid gold, magnificent ring. We are excited to get it! The official day he will receive his ring is April 8th. That is considered "Aggie Ring Day." We can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Heidi and Scott we are so proud of both of you for all the things you have been able to get done while starting a family and both of you receiving you master degrees.I know it has been stressfullat times but you two and Kaiser make this dad very proud. love you so much!

    ReplyDelete